- Create new server and install WDS role.
- Stop WDS Service on old server
- Stop WDS Service on new server
- Use my "Copy-Files" PowerShell script (Available Here: Copy-Files.ps1) to copy RemoteInstall Share to new server
- Start WDS Service on new Server
- Shutdown old WDS Server completely
- Update option 66/67 in DHCP scopes to reflect new WDS Server
- Update any appropriate DNS records
If you are unable to start the WDS service, delete the WDS database and logs from the old server located at <drive letter>:\RemoteInstall\Stores\Metadata\*.*. You should be able to start the service after deleting these files.
Simple enough! :)